Thursday 8 May 2008

More on Houshan - horses

inc

My horse riding days are behind me - it is so long since I have been on the back of a horse (not that it was a regular thing with me anyway) there was no way I was going to here. The poor scraggly horses were the first horses we had seen since we had been in China, so I was interested to see them .

I'm sure the owners loved their horses, but they certainly look sad and undernourished in the park, but few people rode them anyway.

The old house with the straw roof was of interest - perhaps the home of a family at the base of the mountain. It was all pretty interesting inside - but we didn't venture far as there were quite a few people already there.

I saw horses at another park several weeks later, and these too looked far different from most of the horses I had seen in Australia.

No comments: