Sunday 13 December 2009

China and more

I have reported that I have a contract for next semester in China. Strangely I received another email from the university (a) asking me if I know someone who would like to teach there next semester and (b) arranging to pick me up at KFC at Shanghai Pudong Airport on February 25th.

The latter is especially amusing as I don't have my air fare booked yet and I may well fly into Hangzhou which is closer to Shaoxing. In any case I'm not worried if I have to find my own way to the university from which ever airport I eventually fly into. I will not be booking my flight until after Christmas anyway.

After a week in Adelaide with family I've come back rather exhausted but no rest for the wicked and I had to teach on Thursday and Friday, and this week I work Monday to Wednesday. On Tuesday I will probably take my students to the art gallery at South Bank. It is their last week before a two week break, and while we still have some academic work, and I will have to create some activity around the cultural excursion, it should be a good week for me.

I hope so. I am looking forward to the break.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well you are nearly on your way! Good luck and have a great Christmas.