Friday 19 February 2010

Electronic translator

I went into the city today and picked up an Electronic Translator from the Duty Free Shop. I'd seen it a few days ago and contemplated purchasing it, so armed with cash I went in. No discount for cash. Damn!

Anyway I have it - but of course it is in a sealed bag, which must be checked at Customs when I get to the airport on Tuesday night. Then and only then can I open it and "play" with it.

It has 12 Asian languages - from Chinese Mandarin and Cantonese, Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, etc. - so hopefully I will get a chance to use it. I wish I'd had it in Korea as then I could have ordered meals from the restaurants there.

Four days to go - and still a long to do list. Tonight I am going to a dinner with Brisbane's Lord Mayor! Should be interesting. I'm the official photographer at the function too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Rubbing shoulders with the nobs, Elly?

Di Hill said...

The Lord Mayor and his wife are friends of ours, but he was the guest at a local community function that we regularly attend.