Wednesday 20 August 2008

Changing Singapore

Marina Bay in Singapore


The last time I had been in Singapore - other than a brief stop at the airport en route - was in 1992, when my daughter and I spent about 10 days there. Much I had remembered, but it certainly seemed a lot greener than before, and oh, how it had grown.


The trip from the airport to our hotel was most interesting. Places that I had not seen before, but I do remember that it was dark at the time of both journeys along that road before.


Our first major outing was the day tour of Singapore - something I like doing when I "hit" a new place. The bus was rather fun (despite being late and keeping us waiting!), but it took us past some of the significant places like the Singapore Botanical Gardens, Thian Hock Keng Temple, the Merlion Park, a jewelry shop, up to Mount Faber which provided breathtaking views across Marina Bay to Sentosa Island, and a great view of the high rise buildings of the city centre.


We had plenty of time to get out of the bus and stretch our legs and have a close up look at some of the sights.

No comments: