Saturday 17 January 2009

Back home - but a back log of China stories!

I'm feeling rather "spaced out" - after arriving in Brisbane at 10.35 am on 16/1/09 after leaving Shaoxing by bus at 7.30 am on 15/1/09 and having little sleep! The bus trip was uneventful as for some reason there was little traffic on the highway between Shaoxing and Shanghai, and we arrived at the airport in good time. But over two hours to wait for our Singapore Airlines plane to leave.

There were three of us on the plane from Shanghai to Singapore, but we left Singapore on different planes. Mine was the last to leave at 10 minutes past midnight. So seven and a half hours in the plane.

Both flights were fairly uneventful, but there was quite a lot of turbulence especially between Shanghai and Singapore, so we (and the cabin crew) remained seated for much of the flight.

In Singapore I wandered around looking at the shops - didn't really spend any money of note, but kept walking as I thought if I sat down I'd fall asleep!

I had a glass of Chardonnay at Harry's Bar and a great Toasted Chicken Sandwich at the Hard Rock Cafe (which I'd recommend! Highly) - it was big enough for two people!

I dozed on and off on the plane - probably because of the chardy and the drink at the HRC, but was still quite tired when I arrived. MM and two granddaughters were there to meet me, and I headed home for a short time before my dental appointment. (I'd broken a tooth on New Year's Day - so had a repair job done.)

MM bought me an E-bike for Christmas, so I've yet to try that out!

I'm still feeling a little surreal but slowly coming good. Had my hair cut today - and did a little shopping, so bit by bit I'm coming good, but still tired.

I have some great photos of visits I made in my last few days in Shaoxing and Hangzhou, so will post those in the next day or so.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope you enjoyed your Chinese experience - will follow your return to ordinary life.

Regards,

Peter