Wednesday 31 December 2008

Fruit for Christmas

My Christmas gifts this year were quite unusual. Quite a few students gave me fruit. Several apples, a large basket of small oranges or mandarins (which I have happily shared with other foreign teachers - there were too many for just one person. And a Dragon Fruit.

Some students knitted me scarves. Now at Christmas in Australia, a scarf would be the last thing on the Christmas list! I have two new purple scarves and one delightful fluffy white, yellow, blue and green model. Certainly essential wear here in winter.




I had eaten these fruit in Australia and seen them here, though I don't recall every having a whole one in my kitchen. I do miss my Kitchen Whizz here - could have made a great juice with it, using all of the fruit I have in the kitchen.

No comments: