Wednesday 8 April 2009

Food, food, glorious food.

It is wall to wall restaurants here - and the Koreans LOVE their food. I've already lost count of the number of restaurants I have been to - and it is less than a week since I arrived.

Much of the food is based on vegetables, that is the traditional Korean fare, and I am amazed at the differing recipes with vegetables that we are so familiar with. Tasty - much chili!

I've tried seaweed soup, congee with spouts, crispy seaweed, battered crispy mushrooms, noodles, and lots more. Some food I do not recognise. The Korean radish is huge and not with the red skin that we are familiar with.

Jeonju City is famous for "Bimimbap" - and I found a video on how to make it. I'd make it at home (not here as my kitchen is primitive and I do not have all the sauces etc - but no need as I can buy it here cheaply).

Maybe you'd like to try it?


Bibimbap from Maangchi on Vimeo.

No comments: